Sunday, April 3, 2016

Feathers In Your Hair - A Magpie Tale



Feathers In Your Hair

Something has happened.
It shows on you like feathers
in your tangled hair.

I wish to devour
your soul salted and peppered,
braised to medium
rare and sliced thin on
a garden salad with lime.

I hope you take this
dream in morning's light
as I fondle you awake
and raise your heart to
full maturity
in the long sweep of all things
possible and true.

‎April ‎3, ‎2016 1:38 PM

Written to Tess Kincaid's Magpie Tale image of this date. Tess counts this one the 311th posting for the writing community she has gathered around her. Because I can compose at the drop of a farthing and am so very fond of Tess (I am you know, dear), and because I approve of her leaving Ohio for Manchester, here is my latest oddity offered up on the altar of Magpie Tales.

The link will carry you through to her site where you can find the list of contributors and join up if you choose to write something. It doesn't have to be a poem. It can be a musing or a story or a tall tale or recount some memory that fits like feathers in your hair. If you point and click on any name you will find what the others wrote.

And Tess, darling, in some other once and future life I hope to ravish you with the devotion of a true knight, should we ever be well placed on the moors under some summer's moon.

9 comments:

  1. I really love those last lines. I might be quoting that to my friends for a good while now. "the long sweep of all things possible and true." God I love that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and seductive write Christopher. The last stanza is stunning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both mystical and beautiful, like a wonderful story in so very lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous confession...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and Sensual are two words that come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I did well on this one. Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!