Saturday, February 27, 2016

In Our Garden



In Our Garden

I know you watch me
as I dig in our moist earth
searching for worm holes
and the rich castings
found in the passage of time.

My broad muscled dream,
best dream of my life
rises to the heat of you,
your demanding care.
I have planted you
deep in me as if I were
woman to you and love
itself the member.

May 25, 2011 9:38 AM

It's been a while since I posted.  I assume I am losing readers.  This has been happening for quite a while now.  Makes me sad, but on the other hand, it doesn't really matter.  I am not in this game to make a splash.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I think we all are aren't we? I'll keep checking in but I spend longer and longer away, and don't expect so much action from everyone else. Then again one sees an unexpected flurry, or a long-absent familiar face appears on the side feed again, and it's always nice!

    Glad you're back and still around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are one of the first recommendations I ever had from two fellows - Walt from Eugene, Oregon who is long gone and Don from Idaho who is still around. They both thought I should contact you because in those days you were quite the publishing poet. 2008 or so. I am very grateful I followed advice. I have a warm heart for you and Tom and loved to track Mol on the walks you would document. Then I was dogless. Now I share my basement daily with Stella, who I give treats more or less promptly at 8:30 in the evening. A ritual she is sure to enforce in her gentle reminders every day.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Christopher. Im glad you're feeling better. And yeah, you were missed.

    I suspect a lot of people have just stopped blogging altogether, and a lot more have gone over to the dark side (WordPress)...

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!