Friday, January 15, 2016

The Price Of Green - Three Word Wednesday


California's East Bay Hills for a few weeks in spring.

Written for Thom's Three Word Wednesday... This week the words are
Harrowing
Imperfect
Lame


The Price Of Green

Harrowing, like fields
plowed under dry and too soon
dusty in outcome
and parched, imperfect
as if ten lame kangaroos
tumbled past our camp
in the west outback -
or the east California
hills growl at us all -
and they wonder why
I moved in seventy-three
to Oregon's rain.

‎January ‎15, ‎2016 5:28 PM

California's East Bay Hills the rest of the year

I truly couldn't stand watching those hills dry out and die every year, easily the most depressing thing about living in San Jose for me. This is my answer to anyone who might ask why I would leave California. To me the rain of the northern reach of Oregon's Willamette Valley is a small price to pay. And I write this at the end of a positively sodden January day.


5 comments:

  1. I take it that you mean the spring picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very reason people like hilly and greener pastures are ruined when the same people play evil towards the greenery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you present an intense fact in such a wonderful way! You are terrific at this!

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!