Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Shortstop

By Joy R. Absalon-US Presswire

Baltimore Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy, bottom, is out at second base as Seattle Mariners shortstop Brenda Ryan is able to complete the double-play in the seventh inning during a game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

The Shortstop

Show me your signal.
lend me eagle eyes and ears
that I might pull out
fast balls from the curves
and leave popped up fouls behind.
I know you think me
an infield leader
of all local pretensions
and yet I insist
on hanging around.
Shake it off, you say. Sliding
downhill, I say back
to you I have lost
all chance of using my cleats.
I am beyond hope.
Oh I am so sure
I love you yet I can't steal
not even to save
our last out.

November 11, 2014 7:35 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!