Sunday, September 21, 2014

Getting High - The Sunday Whirl

In Newport, Oregon, 1976, preparing.

Getting High

Smoking an Old Gold
as is my habit, I give
you another joint
all the time seaching
for my damn shoes. It does seem
I've lost many items
to the crossed ocean
in the draped and dark front room
where we live and keep
high these days. Could be
I'm a wannabe miner
of your mind and heart.
Your expression just kills me
when your eyes go daft.

‎September ‎21, ‎2014 12:24 PM

A bit anachronistic perhaps. I had in mind while writing the living room of my ground floor apartment on South 8th Street in the San Jose State student quarter in 1966. By 1976 I rarely smoked dope, having already become a serious drunk. I was interested on this evening in prooving that I could still roll a great joint even after five years away from the dope.

Written for Brenda Warren's Sunday Whirl, Wordle 179. Use these words:

3 comments:

  1. I haven't smoked a joint in a long time but you never really forget how to role one...every once in a while I role a cigarette for someone just because I enjoy the process not because I smoke, haven't smoked for almost three years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one thing I never done in my life, is smoke anything. IGreat poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's important to keep up ones rolling skills! And I have to day what an adorable picture...I think losing your shoes every now and again happens anyway ...or so she kids herself perhaps :~

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!