Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Musician Waits Curbside - A Magpie Tale

Musician In The Rain - Robert Doisneau,
provided as a prompt by Tess
for this week's Mag 203

A Musician Waits Curbside

Her sweet harmony
echoes like mist from over
the edge of my soul.
The cello I take
with me most places I go
has been all around
the world even more
than I have because you gave
her to me used, aged
by better players
than I.

The bowed strings evoke
all her songs each time.

If I have to wait
in the rain I will cover
her sooner than me.

‎January ‎19, ‎2014 11:08 AM

11 comments:

  1. ah love this line:
    "aged by better players than I."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certainly a myriad of better players than I... That was a very easy line to write.

      Delete
  2. I agree with kathe w. that line rox so many sox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher, this is beautiful ... cello music transports me to another realm, as did your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes. Cellos deserve all due care given them by doting musicians.

      Delete
  4. You conveyed his love beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poignancy of those last lines.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gentlemanly poetic! Lucky cello. My Cheaper Half would sooner hold the umbrella over his own head!!

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!