Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hidden Wealth - Reprise

Emeralds mined and prepared for sale in Afghanistan.

Hidden Wealth

I looked underfoot
Expecting nothing for it
But found something there.

I wanted to stake
My claim but you said, "Nothing
Doing little man."

I don't think it fair.
It's so close to me, easy
For me to pick up.

That is how it seems.
You said, "It's your hidden wealth.
Must remain just like that.

"Won't fire you up otherwise."

Written January 7, 2009 12:26 PM
First Posted May 26, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, this poem has caught me, almost on the raw. I search for understanding, for knowing, of the wealth within my Self, but must it truly remain hidden? Can it be so very dangerous to expose it? I think perhaps it may be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is obvious, Tom, that the hidden nugget should remain as nature placed it. However, it is equally obvious that huge hunks of buried "treasure" are misplaced. Finally, it is even more obvious that I am unsuited to deciding which is which and so must have God's lead in this uncovering process.

    Also, there is a real question whether or not to share with a close mouthed friend, with the public at large, or to keep these personal truths well ventilated but private. I cannot answer for you here nor you for me.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!