Monday, September 23, 2013

The Little Monster



Open your third eye
if you dare, little monster!
I will poke it out!
By the Elfin Lakes
in elfin mail shimmering
with blue steel hammers
and a red steel pike,
maybe I will browbeat you
first, smash you all flat,
your three eyes popping
out and rolling here and there
and you mewling so
thin like and reedy
that I can slip past sideways
and leave you to fry.

‎September ‎21, ‎2013 12:56 AM

The Elfin Lakes

Wiki says: Elfin Lakes are two lakes in Garibaldi Provincial Park that are popular for hiking, snowshoeing, skiing, and mountain bicycling trails located east of Squamish, British Columbia, Canada.

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh! I feel like cowering under whatever lake I find handy. Good write Christopher :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother called me many things, among them, Topper, Tops, "her little monster" and "Monstro". To my knowledge she never said anything like this to me. :D This poem comes from me reading sword and sorcery style fantasy.

      If you think this is bad then see tomorrow's scheduled post which gives the nod to apocalyptic literature.

      Delete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!