Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Inner Light - 3WW

Thom writes:
Each week, I post three words. You write something using the words.

Then come back and post a link to the contribution with Mr. Linky (but please, link to the exact post, not your blog, by clicking on the exact post title and paste it to Mr. Linky below). As always, there's no hard-and-fast rule that you have to post on Wednesday.

To join this week's 3 Word Wednesday writing group *click here*

This week's words:

Blunder; Cringe; Digress


An Inner Light

Liquids heavier
than water have their own ways
at the sea's bottom.
This is no blunder,
not by nature nor by man.

A wolf's submission
is not a true cringe
no matter what it looks like.

I do not digress,
even at this time,
even when I offer mums
and dig my thumbs in
all along your back
hoping I remove your stress,
you laid out beneath
my hands, me in deep,
deep in your dreamy rose core.
I'm ablaze, I shine.

‎September ‎11, ‎2013 4:57 AM

9 comments:

  1. This is truly beautiful Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She must have been a stunner to set you ablaze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had her good points... I made her up. I have a fine imagination.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps embellished from some reality or other.

      Delete
  3. Wolves and massages. Never thought I would see the two in the same work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Liquids heavier than water are here at the bottom of the sea too, and apparently not from some oil spill or other. How do wolves and liquids and massages and being ablaze all go together except in some crazy poet's imagination?

      Delete
  4. What was laid out beneath the hands? I'm a little confused at that point in the poem. Please enlighten me. Thank you!

    Old Man and Rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full body massage on the table with oils and ambiance and all of that just like the therapists do it.

      Delete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!