Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Won't Back Down - 3WW

Thom writes:
Each week, I post three words. You write something using the words.

Then come back and post a link to the contribution with Mr. Linky (but please, link to the exact post, not your blog, by clicking on the exact post title and paste it to Mr. Linky below). As always, there's no hard-and-fast rule that you have to post on Wednesday.

To join this week's 3 Word Wednesday writing group *click here*
This week's words:

Anticipate; Fearless; Serene


I Won't Back Down

I won't make a scene,
not today no matter how
the squirrel scolds me
from the dogwood tree.
You anticipate my play,
expect me to pay
you homage again,
you being all that fearless,
the real hero type.
Me, I am serene
in the infallible stand
I take on this thing,
the frigging rightness
of the hill I must defend
with my gas and guns.

‎August ‎28, ‎2013 9:37 AM

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I am a civilian currently reading a verisimilitude fiction of the Viet Nam war. I was never there though at one point I was aiming at the leadership track before I backed away.

    Combat is close on my mind. However, I was thinking in more civilian terms, using the soldier as a metaphor. He looks odd to me, perhaps high or simply exhausted. I belong to groups of people who help each other stay sane if they can. We occasionally think such thoughts: would you rather be right, or kind? Perhaps you can do both, so say what you mean, mean what you say, don't say it mean. And like above, is this the hill you choose to die on?

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!