Monday, August 12, 2013

Here's The Situation

"Into the Swimming Pool (Ins Schwimmbad)", Max Liebermann, 1878

Brothers under skin
seeking the truth in far worlds
and near, in deep dives
into warm lagoons
and on the hot sands of time's
atolls, reaching truth
in certain moments
remembered or dreamt, even
demanded, wrestled
out of the next now
and the next, and then lying
back to glance sidelong
hoping someone's close
by, watching.

August 14, 2010 3:47 PM

I feel that if I am genuinely grown up, I no longer seek to show off for my mother's approval (Hey Mom! Look at me!) Unfortunately, I still look around for her, perhaps in your eyes, my darling. My Mom died in 2001 nearing eighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!