Friday, June 28, 2013

It's Complicated

A Star Nosed Mole

I'm the sage you spoke
of in yesterday's lecture
before that grand crowd,
that evening's romp
with the source of true magic
lurking below ground,
you standing above
weighing less than half your weight,
near to lifting off
and floating away.

I would say I now agree
though not in the past
when we drew sharp lines
and could again, I suppose.

So I crouch down deep
in the dark of earth
beneath your callused old toes,
digging my way blind
like moles navigate
by nose, by God, by this nose
I have for the work.

June 28, 2013 1:48 PM

4 comments:

  1. I keep naming poems "It's Complicated". This is the fourth one it appears. Maybe I will reprise and give all of them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two are posted, and two are in the queue, not yet posted on the blog.

      Delete
  2. That creature is positively grotesque! Have a heart Christopher, I've only just consumed my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tom... I don't know what gets into me... worms, I think.

      Delete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!