Monday, November 5, 2012

No Guarantees - Reprise

This picture was offered to me the last time I posted this poem as one of a pair. The poem I posted yesterday morning and this poem were part of the same post. Ghost Dansing found this picture and gave me the link in the comments of the original post. I don't have any trouble posting this image with the poem. I can see a woman writing the poem as easily as me.


No Guarantees

I ache in hidden
Places and have for years now,
Following your lead.

This is the price discipline
Has laid on my heart, saying,
"Regret would be worse,
Trust me on this, my old friend."

But how can I know
For sure?

January 8, 2009 11:55 AM
first posted May 28, 2009
image added November 5, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. Absolutely. Regret. Hard to know how big a hole, until you fall in. And even then.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!