Friday, November 30, 2012

Getting Past The Crack


There is a gap in things. I first saw it quite long ago now. I was just a young man. It changed my life when I first slipped through the crack. On the other side is - censored - and I will never get there again it seems, because I have tried. Here we go again.

Getting Past The Crack

I need to slim down.

I see the crack but can't go
between the cold walls
in the shape I hold.
If I shift my shape to yours
and take your meaning
as my very own
then maybe I will just fit
and then I will squeeze
the dark out of things.

June 18, 2010 9:17 PM


1 comment:

  1. I can tell you it will not be so. To take on another's shape is to reinvent darkness. It is to just fit between a thumb and forefinger and wait, ever so long, for the final squeeze. Someday I will be a hand, I will have fingers, and they will wave webs away. This is how the darkness will retreat.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!