Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Small Bird - Reprise

The Man Of The Northern Wall

What I would add to this poem, the stories I know are true as well. If this life is all there is then my poem is what it is. But once I was a mage, the Man of the Northern Wall, liege to a queen who was murdered through my fault, my failed protection. Once I was in an argument with God, so powerful an argument that I was granted permission for this life. These two are as surely me as the man I am now unadorned. There are more stories of me, but I do not know them. These two I know.

The Argument

A Small Bird

This is what my life
is like without the stories
I must tell myself
in order to live.
This is what my life is like.
It is a small room
with open windows
and a small bird flies through it,
in one window, out
the other.

written March 10, 2009 2:06 PM
First Posted December 23, 2009
Illustrations added, April 21, 2012



1 comment:

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!