Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Quilt



No great artist ever sees things as they are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. - Oscar Wilde

When I have a terrible need of -- shall I say the word -- religion. Then I go out and paint the stars. - Vincent van Gogh

For I must tell you that we artists cannot tread the path of Beauty without Eros keeping company with us and appointing himself as our guide. - Thomas Mann











The Quilt

Sew your patient quilt
one stitch, then another stitch
all in muted hue
and I will love you
through it all, as I promised
on that day last spring,
when our world's warm song
held us in the gift of peace,
momentary, true.

December 5, 2009 7:43 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!