Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Are We Done Yet? - Reprise




In the car, in the backseat, "Are we there yet?" In the workplace, "Are we having fun yet?" No? Well then, when? C'mon, Dad. Hurry. I don't want to be here. I want to be there. It is surely better there. Isn't it? It has to be. Am I living my life yet?

The Long And Winding Road
Lennon and McCartney

The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
Leads me to your door.

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day.
Why leave me standing here?
Let me know the way.
***
Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried,
Anyway you'll never know
The many ways I've tried.
***
And still they lead me back
To the long, winding road
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door.



Are We Done Yet?

You left me a sign,
Impossible direction,
Merge up, so it says.

How am I going to do that?
I forgot my flying boots.

My toes are frozen,
My ears burning, don't like this.
Can't we go home now?

January 4, 2009 8:42 AM
First posted May 21, 2009

2 comments:

  1. I'd would say your slightly more than half way to Bandon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you, my friend, are just about a month behind. :D

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!