Saturday, March 19, 2011

How It Works



Walls (Circus)

Chorus:
Some days are diamonds
Some days are rocks
Some doors are open
Some roads are blocked

Sundowns are golden
Then fade away
But if I never do nothing
I'll get you back some day, 'cause

[Chorus:]

You got a heart so big
It could crush this town
And I can't hold out forever
Even walls fall down

All around your island
There's a barricade
That keeps out the danger
That holds in the pain

Sometimes you're happy
Sometimes you cry
Half of me is ocean
Half of me is sky, but

[Chorus]

Some things are over
Some things go on
Part of me you carry
Part of me is gone, but

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

Wiki says:
Thomas Earl "Tom" Petty (born October 20, 1950) is an American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. He is the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and was a founding member of the late 1980s supergroup Traveling Wilburys and Mudcrutch. He has also performed under the pseudonyms of Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr. and Muddy Wilbury.
He has recorded a number of hit singles with the Heartbreakers and as a solo artist, many of which remain heavily played on adult contemporary and classic rock radio. His music, notably his hits, has become popular among younger generations as he continues to host sold-out shows. Throughout his career, Petty and his collaborators have sold 60 million albums.

Petty and his band the Heartbreakers celebrated their 30th anniversary with a tour in 2006

I saw Tom interviewed on some show not too long ago and was truly impressed with his brightness and his humanity. I am not surprised that he is frontman to a band with over thirty years hanging together. He projects a solid character. That's a pretty good job Tom has. I guess he's a pretty good man for the job.

How It Works

I turned the corner,
rounded my jagged outer
wall to find the small
hole I started once.

I found you already there,
chipping away from
your side. Amazing.

November 9, 2009 5:12 AM

2 comments:

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!