Monday, October 18, 2010

Forward Movement



Artist: Philip Straub
Medium: Photoshop 6 and Painter 7
© Vivendi Universal 2001
© Fisher Price 2001
About this Image: A painting made for the Fisher Price product line "Rescue Heroes"


Quite a long time ago now, I had a time like this. I had to leave behind a life and take a new one based on a more mature form of honesty and commitment. I was dragged to it and terrified, I entered it. I found safe places in this new life that made it possible for me to bear it. I was informed that the terms of this new life would not be too hard since I didn't have to bear the burden alone. That turned out to be true, both that the terms were not too hard, but that they were not too hard because I didn't bear the burden alone. It turned out that God had a really high opinion concerning what I could take. Also, it turned out that I can't save my face and my ass at the same time, at least I can't when the chips fall. Full grown love is not for sissies or for the faint of heart. In that way it is exactly like old age.

I have a very good friend who is called Vivian. She was taught by her husband that a life well lived has in it Relentless Forward Movement. This poem has her in mind.

Forward Movement

I walked straight through my
patch of uncompromised truth
without my heavy
pack of lies and all
other listless mad burdens,
having forgiven
you all in my dreams,
willing to embrace this new
landscape of your love.

August 2, 2009 10:01 AM

3 comments:

  1. Relentless Forward Movement...
    The only way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher.

    I think maybe what I have been doing is a relentless movement forward... For years I was standing very still... too still...

    I love the poem. Oh, to be without my "heavy pack of lies". I am getting there, I think.

    I haven't been following the blogs much -- and see I have a lot of reading to do...Just perfect as the days get colder and shorter... I will sit near the wood stove with a cup of tea and wander around your world :)

    Love to you,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, I hope you are well, that things are working out. I love you, as you well know. Once you truly start moving forward, it takes on a life of its own. I hope you are ready for the ride. Remember that I am here.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!