Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our Planetary Doom

I have posted before that C.S.Lewis wrote that our planet is a quarantined planet and a receiver of rebellious souls in an otherwise peaceful universe that lives in accord with God’s plan. I don’t think current astrophysics bears out his vision but I certainly understand his sense of things. I believe that he was more than half serious writing like that.

Welcome to daylight savings time, all you to whom this applies.

Our Planetary Doom

Look what happened when
I finally took courage
and said it to you,
not the damn questions
but the fact of them, always
lurking as they do
near the stars' night roads
to our planetary doom,
to the fate we earn.

April 21, 2009 3:32 PM

5 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. I'm off to read more on C.S. Lewis. A missing space in my education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C.S.Lewis was a deeply committed Christian apologist, an adult conversion, not unlike Paul on the road to Damascus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A powerful poem here, Christopher. I love the notion of 'the stars'night roads to our planetary doom', even though it makes me shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every once in a while I get sort of science fictionish. I come by it honestly. I don't read it now, and haven't for years but I once read nearly all of it I could. Back in the fifties, that was actually possible. The genre was fairly small. You could really know who was in it and read at least one thing by everyone. This is no longer possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love CS Lewis. "the fate we earn". That alone makes me feel looming doom.

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!