Friday, April 24, 2009

I'll Play Such A Lick, The Flash Of Recognition

Do you recall the story about Robert Johnson, that he met the devil at the crossroads and made a pact, why he could play the way he could. Stevie Ray Vaughn took the role and demonstrated the thing. Here is another crossroads.

I'll Play Such A Lick

Here at the crossroads
I shall bring out my guitar
And play such a lick
The world will begin.

You will come down the bright lines
Of the eternal highway
To stand before me.
I will mute my sound and bow,
Then will gather all.

December 29, 2008 9:27 AM

*************************************

The laughing Buddha, if you have one, maybe in wood, maybe in bronze, then you are supposed to rub his shiny belly for luck. Here is another appearance of the Laughing God.

The Flash Of Recognition

Round bellied laughter,
Shiny bronze smile,
The glint shows in my eye
And in yours the flash
Of recognition.

The laughing god
Resumes his journey
As we prepare for ours.

December 29, 2008 1:15 PM

3 comments:

  1. Excellent, both -- the devil and a god, both with those "flash[es] of recognition."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen for saying so.

    I enjoyed your comment and it got me to thinking about Lucifer again in more than just this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, it was your music, that made it happen, that i met Rachel on the highway. And after we did gather, round bellied laughter.
    Besides all that, i love both poems!

    ReplyDelete

The chicken crossed the road. That's poultry in motion.


Get Your Own Visitor Map!